Serving Your Family’s Needs with Compassion and Experience
The family law services provided by Johnson Flodman Guenzel & Widger LLP are led by Steven J. Flodman, one of the select few attorneys in Lincoln who is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and has been listed in the Family Law Section of The Best Lawyers in America. He and our entire team of knowledgeable and experienced family law attorneys will provide effective legal counsel who can help your family move forward.
While each situation is unique, we will try to work with you and the other party to negotiate a fair and equitable resolution without the additional expense of a litigious court battle. We can also mediate the issues before a neutral mediator. Either way, we prepare for any eventuality and will tenaciously look out for your best interests when called on to do so.
We Help Families in a Wide Range of Capacities
The scope of family law can be both broad and specific. Whatever your needs, we can help you find a positive resolution. Our services include:
- Divorce: We can help you through the process of terminating a marriage and setting up a sound foundation for moving forward.
- Guardianship: We can guide you through the details of the guardianship process and help you determine what suits you best.
- Adoption: Our family law attorneys also enjoy helping clients formally and legally add a new member to their family.
- Domestic violence: We are here to establish legal protection for you and other family members.
- Paternity: This is the legal process for establishing the legal identity of the child’s biological father. We have provided services on both sides of this issue.
- Prenuptial agreements: No longer only for the wealthy and previously married, this is an excellent way to construct a firm marriage foundation for all couples.
- Domestic partnerships: Partnerships do not always include marriage, but there may still be the need for a legal arrangement.
- Modifications: Court orders or legal agreements may need to be modified as circumstances change, and we can help clients navigate these changes.
- Contempt and enforcement: We can help when an ex does not adhere to the guidelines set forth in the legal agreement or accuses you of such conduct.