Serving Those Who Help Others
The health care industry operates under an extraordinarily complex mix of federal, state, and local health care laws and regulations. Led by Abbie Widger, general counsel to The Nebraska Health Care Association, the lawyers at Johnson Flodman Guenzel & Widger LLP have experience in counseling health care organizations and professionals here in Nebraska.
Our attorneys understand the demands of running a successful but cost-effective long-term care facility as well as a private practice. We provide sound legal guidance across the entire spectrum of our client’s needs, including litigation, regulation, and transactional issues.
The Business of Health Care
Provider organizations face an ever-changing set of regulations and administrative challenges. The one constant is that these issues get increasingly complex. We have firsthand experience with the following:
- Representation in litigation and administrative hearings
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Admission agreements and resident service agreements
- Vendor contracts
- Sale and purchase transactions
- Entity agreements
- Facility sales, leases and transactions
- Nursing facility requirements of participation
Representing the Professional
Health care professionals face a number of challenges in addition to the actual work of caring for patients. We offer guidance through the business, legal, and regulatory issues involved. These include:
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Practice expansion
- Subpoena responses
Contact Us to Discuss Your Legal Concerns
Make an appointment today by calling 402-817-6721 or contact us by email.