Abbie J. Widger practices in the areas of healthcare and administrative law, with an emphasis on regulatory matters. She is general counsel for The Nebraska Health Care Association and is the regulatory specialist. She represents providers such as nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and hospice in all aspects of regulatory issues. Abbie advises long-term care providers in informal dispute resolutions, Medicaid appeals, and HIPAA matters.
Abbie represents healthcare providers in survey and certification actions, in reimbursement appeals, drafting contracts, and transactional matters. In addition, she has extensive experience representing numerous professionally licensed individuals such as physicians, dentists, pharmacists and nurses before their respective licensing boards.
Abbie is also active in the family law area. She taught the Family Law Practice Course at the University of Nebraska College of Law for several years. Abbie is familiar with real estate license law as she was special counsel to the Nebraska Real Estate Commission.
Abbie has represented and written on transfer/discharge, compliance plans, long-term care cpllections, powers of attorney, HIPAA, and other areas impacting health care providers.
Areas Of Practice
- Health Care
- Real Estate
- Domestic Relations
- General Civil Litigation
- Nebraska, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. Federal Court, 1988
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 1988
- Kearney State College
- B.S. - 1985
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Health Law and Family Law Sections
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Nebraska Bar Foundation
- Nebraska Bar Association, Health law legislative section, Chair and executive committee
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member Syracuse Library Foundation
- Otoe County 4H, Leader
- Board Member of Nebraska Bar Association Health Insurance Coalition